Resources for People of Color
In recognizing the emotional labor that racial justice work entails for people of color, below are resources intended to be supportive to people of color viewing this content and participating in racial justice work.
- Women of Color Network-Centralize the voices, wellness, and leadership of women of color
- Therapy for Black Girls Podcast: How Racism Impacts Our Mental Health
- Good Ancestor Podcast: Episode 001
- Surviving & Resisting Hate: A Toolkit for People of Color
- Therapy for Black Girls Podcast
- 4 Self-Care Tips for People of Color After Charlottesville
- The Black Girl Healing: A Simple Guide to Feeling Your Feelings Safely
Resources for White Aspiring Allies
GCADV has used the following resources to help drive the discussions during our monthly racial justice meetings.
- White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard For White People To Talk About Racism
- Invisible Knapsack-Article by Peggy McIntosh on White Privilege
- Race: the Power of Illusion -Race: The Power of an Illusion is a three-part documentary series produced by California Newsreel that investigates the idea of race in society, science and history.
- Distancing Behaviors Among White Groups Talking About Racism – Handout Exercise
- Reading List by The People’s Institute for Survival and Beyond