February is Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month!
Show your support and wear Orange on February 13 start a conversation and post a picture with #TDVAM #WeBeginsWithMe on your social media pages.
Check out the events below that Georgia domestic violence programs are hosting this month!
- Promise Place: Its-Time-to-Talk-Event
- February 10th from 10am – 12pm at UGA Griffin Campus Auditorium
- This event is open to all parents, tween and teens to have an open conversations about teen dating violence, learning how to recognize it, prevent it and how to get out of the relationship.
- Safe Haven Stomp Out Teen Dating Violence
- February 21 6pm at local Statesboro library
- SafeHomes of Augusta: Valentine’s Sadie Hawkins Dance
- February 16th from 7pm – 9pm at the Henry H. Brigham Community Center
- This event will be held annually to bring awareness to Teen Dating Violence, promote healthy and positive relationships among teens and provide opportunities to interact with other teens around the CSRA! Please bring one non-perishable item to donate to SafeHomes of Augusta Domestic Violence Shelter.
- Partnership Against Domestic Violence “Driving Dialogue and Action” Annual Teen Summit
- March 3rd from 10am – 3pm at Decatur High School
- This year’s annual teen summit offers parents and teens an improved understanding of the ingredients that make up respectful relationships, as well as how to recognize the warning signs and patterns of dating violence through hands-on activities, workshops and teen-led sessions. Visit padv.org to register today!
- Liberty House of Albany Dating Violence Maze
- Feb 8 & 28 Hosting teen dating violence events at Albany State University and Albany Technical College