CAREER OPPORTUNITY: YWCA of Northwest GA seeks Family Violence Director
Posted on: 10.16.12
The Family Violence Director is responsible for the implementation and vision pertaining to the Family Violence (domestic violence shelter and 24 hour crisis line), Counseling, and Transitional Housing programs and is accountable for achieving the missions of those programs. This individual provides supervision, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the program and staff. They also collaborate with developing and maintaining budgets and writing and overseeing grants for programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the CEO & Executive Director in the management of the day-to-day operations, and/or resolve issues in his/her absence in conjunction with the management team.
- Complies with all licensing requirements of state entities, including but not limited to the Governor’s Office of Children and Families, DHS, HIPPA, etc. including but not limited to overseeing the preparation and responses to adults, applications, operational plans, modifications, and managing the recertification process, if necessary.
- Participates in coalitions, task forces, and work groups.
- Manages the implementation of the YWCA’s operational policies and procedures.
- Oversees the coordination and development of policies and procedures.
- Assists in the organization and delivery of regular in-service training for all staff and volunteers.
- Oversees program evaluation and statistical data collection for grant purposes, contract requirements, and YWCA guidelines.
- Manages reporting on all grants which fund the YWCA of Northwest Georgia.
- Builds and maintains collaborations with other organizations, referral sources, and resources within the community.
- Conducts community outreach and education events regarding domestic violence, sexual assault, the YWCA, and other related topics.
- Ensures that the mission is the central theme of all programs.
- Other duties as assigned by the CEO & Executive Director.
- Knowledge of grants and ability to track and monitor.
- Strong oral communication skills required to effectively communicate with a broad range of individuals.
- Strong written communications skills required to maintain quality documentation and effectively market the YWCA of NW Georgia.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize all aspects of the job.
- Ability to evaluate proposals, prepare budgets, and evaluate strategically.
- Strong problem solving skills required and must be a common sense thinker who can be a quick decision maker when necessary.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Comfortable giving public presentations.
- Must display professionalism and leadership qualities when dealing with other organizations, volunteers, Board Members, and staff.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Access, and other statistical tracking software.
- May be required to lift boxes up to 25 lbs.
MINIMUM CREDENTIALS AND EXPERIENCE:
Master’s Degree (MSW, MPH) required. A minimum of five years of successful management experience in a social service setting preferable with three years of supervisory/managerial experience directly related to the field of domestic violence. Budget over site. Commitment to a client-centered approach to practice with victims of domestic violence; excellent team-building skills; sound financial management skills; ability to manage complex human resources situations fairly and effectively.
Please apply via email only. When applying, please submit both your resume and salary requirements.
Please click HERE for additional application instructions.
Leave a Reply