Take Part in the National Day of Action for VAWA, June 26!
Posted on: 06.25.12
Congress needs to send a strong, bipartisan VAWA, that safely and effectively meets the needs of all victims, to the President. Congressional leaders must hear our strong and united message once and for all: your work on VAWA is not over. We have too much at stake and doing nothing is not an option. Let’s send a national unified message to Congress to pass a strong, bipartisan VAWA that safely and effectively meets the needs of all victims – NOW!
Participate in the Day of Action on Tuesday, June 26th to reauthorize VAWA – call your members of Congress and use social media!
- Call your Senators and Representatives and insist that they pass VAWA as a matter of urgent priority. You can find the names and contact information for your Senators and Representatives here: http://votesmart.org/
- When you call, tell your Members of Congress: “I urge you to pass a strong, bipartisan VAWA reauthorization bill that safely and effectively protects ALL victims of violence – NOW. VAWA has positively impacted me/my community in the following way [insert personal story]. By reauthorizing a strong VAWA reauthorization bill that protects all victims of violence, VAWA programs and services can continue to serve victims and make our communities safer.
- Visit NNEDV’s Legislative Action Center to take action and provide us with feedback about your calls.
- Follow NNEDV on Twitter and use these hashtags: #ReauthorizeVAWA and #VAWA
- Tell Congress to #ReauthorizeVAWA before the 7/4 vacation
- Join National Day of #Action4VAWA! Call your Congress member @ 202-224-3121 today!
- [Insert your Congress person’s Twitter handle] #ReauthorizeVAWA for ALL survivors! Stand up to take #Action4VAWA!
Action in DC:
- If you are in Washington, DC, join us for a national rally on June 26th on Capitol Hill. Advocates will gather at the U.S. Capitol to directly call upon Congress to reauthorize VAWA now.
Date: Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Time: 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM
Location: U.S. Capitol, Area 9, enter site at the intersection of 1st Street and Constitution Avenue
Register to attend
Leave a Reply