Become a Member
The Georgia Coalition Against Domestic Violence invites programs whose primary mission is to work on behalf of domestic violence survivors through direct services, advocacy, training or technical assistance to apply for membership. In addition to belonging to a state coalition within the larger domestic violence movement, you will receive the following benefits by becoming a member of GCADV:
- A membership packet full of Coalition resources and valuable tools
- Legislative and policy updates and action alerts about Georgia and national issues impacting victims and children exposed to domestic violence
- Annual intimate partner homicide statistics
- A dedicated GCADV regional staff person to provide specialized training and technical assistance to your program
- GCADV Weekly Informational e-Blasts to inform you of funding sources, trainings, scholarships and current issues impacting DV work
- The monthly e-publication, Georgia Advocate e-News, Advocating for Advances in the Domestic Violence Movement
- Quarterly GCADV Membership Meetings to network with fellow members and GCADV staff
- FREE state-wide trainings and webinars on a variety of topics related to domestic violence advocacy, leadership and governance
- Full access to our members-only section of the website which will include interactive ways to connect to other members and share information and resources (coming in the 2010-2011 membership term)
- Full access to the 1,000+ books, manuals and multi-media resources in the GCADV Lending Library
- FREE and reduced cost brochures and promotional items
- Permission to use GCADV logo on your organization’s brochures (with GCADV approval)
Applicants must meet the membership criteria outlined in the annual membership form.
We welcome any individuals that are interested in GCADV’s work to contribute through volunteerism, starting a cell phone drive or supporting our important work through a financial or cell phone contribution.